Grateful Dead Live at Musikhalle on 1972-04-29
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Playin' In The Band, Sugaree, Mr. Charlie, Black Throated Wind, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Big Boss Man, Jack Straw, Loser, Chinatown Shuffle, Me & My Uncle, Big Railroad Blues, Good Lovin', Casey Jones
Greatest Story Ever Told, He's Gone, Next Time You See Me, Dark Star-> Sugar Magnolia-> Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)-> Who Do You Love, E: One More Saturday Night, E: Uncle John's Band*
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Playing In The Band|
|Black Throated Wind|
|China Cat Sunflower >|
|I Know You Rider|
|Big Boss Man|
|Me And My Uncle|
|Big Railroad Blues|
|Greatest Story Ever Told|
|Next Time You See Me|
|Dark Star >|
|Sugar Magnolia >|
|Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)|
|One More Saturday Night|
- This is the same source as shnid 5250 and is an upgrade to that.
- This is the name used by taper when making a comment at archive.org *
- DC offset removed.
- Pitch corrected
- A few minor dropouts repaired.
- First 5 seconds of "PITB" and several sections of tuning from shnid 5250 which weren't present in this source patched in. Thank you Matt Vernon.
- First 7 seconds of "Greatest Story Ever Told" patched in from shnid 125888 - Thank you Chalie.
Thanks to Tim Dalton for providing this source.
Thanks to Charlie Miller for the transfer.
edited and mastered
- 2018-05-08 22:32:01
- Hamburg, Germany
- Run time
- Source: Unknown mics > Uher 4400 > Master Reel > PCM > DAT (44.1k) - Taped by Wolsander* and provided by Tim Dalton; Tansfer: Dat > Sony PCM-R500 > Tascam DA-3000 > wav 16/44.1 - Transferred by Charlie Miller; Lineage: Wav > Adobe Audition 3 > iZotope RX 6 Advanced > iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced > CD Wave > Flac 16; edited and mastered SIRMick May 2018
- Taped by
- Tim Dalton
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and SIRMick
Subject: Great Experience
Subject: One of the best AUD's 1972 !
If I recall from the other source, the taper had the microphones from the balcony rail which would explain the low crowd cheer ambience and excellent sound of the hall. It's really nice to hear that 72 sound of the PA, they really had a great sound. I actually prefer the 72 PA sound to 73, and the wall of sound in 74. The only other AUD sources that rival this recording are the 72 shows that Bear recorded from the soundboard.
Kudos to our crack equipment team for the transfer - I'll just pose the inevitable question, "what happened to the second encore of Uncle John's Band"? Anyway, if you like AUD source; this one is a real treat, and a diamond in the rough.
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on